Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Nothing's better...

Nothing’s better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you.

-Aaron Douglas Trimble
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I happened upon that quote yesterday. It made me smile. Wasn't feeling too stoked about my training. Well, I feel great physically, weights and stairclimber are working. And dare I say, I no longer hate the stairclimber. I might even kind of like it...sick, I know. I can already feel a difference in my legs & butt. Yay. I plan to get some new shoes this week so I can hit the road and get my lungs into shape :).

(Oh yeah, I almost forgot my progress on the stairclimber. 30 minutes yesterday, 1.85 miles, level 4 difficulty, speed training interval program. Not bad for stairs, and my last session was only just over a mile in 20 minutes, level 3 difficulty, fat burning interval program.)

2 comments:

Agnanashini said...

Oooh, I love it, that's exactly it. And hang in there - your stairclimbing is not in vain - all that strength building is gonna make running MUCH easier. Lets make a date to go jogging on West Cliff or over here when I get back from Chicago. Either Saturday the 7th or the 14th would work.

~M~ said...

Kewl. The 7th is a maybe. The 14th is unlikely as I hope to be waking up in the wilderness somewhere that morning :). We'll figure it out.