Friday, July 20, 2007

couragement

discouragement:

I was reminded yesterday on my run/walk how important it is to eat, hydrate, sleep well. I'm sure I didn't get enough good sleep, and I KNOW I didn't eat often or enough. Same with hydration. And it was HARD. I started out pretty good, but before I was halfway through, I was already crashing. I did have water with me but had not had enough throughout the day. I barely ate anything during the day. My energy was totally zapped. The last 2 miles (of 4 total) were mostly walking with bursts of running, but I rested when needed and pushed when I could. Most importantly, I finished. Stretched.

encouragement:
So after my exhausting (but OMG, West Cliff is f'ing beautiful) run/walk. Although feeling discouraged by my performance, I found some encouragement. In the shower. My apologies if it's too much info, but it made me laugh out loud..and feel better about my overall progress. So...as I was lathering my arse in the shower, I noticed a firm mass in the middle of my buttock. For a split second, I wondered what the hell was wrong with my arse...before I realized that was MUSCLE! Sure enough...there was another to match on the other side. Whoo hoo!

So despite my discouraging workout, and even though my arse and I have a way to go...I still feel good about my own personal progress. So I'll be out there this weekend enjoying the fabulous weather and some exercise! Ahem...if anyone wants to join me....

3 comments:

Agnanashini said...

Michelle, I love you. And your arse. How exciting that you have real MUSCLES!!! (In Austrian accent - So bulging, not like dose girlie men, yah?) Of course, I'm not buying the shower story for a second, but STILL, go muscles... hahaha

Anonymous said...

Arse muscles are great, right?

I'm just glad you didn't say that your arse was crawling up your back and attacking you. =o)

Keep going. Westcliff was always a favorite run for me. I wish I was there.

~M~ said...

seriously...it's been so long since I've had them...oh, how I missed them. :) And Amy, the shower story is true. Unfortunately, no one else noticed...haha. But your Austrian accent made me want to clench my butt.