Friday, August 24, 2007

Laser time again - plus my progress

HELLLLOOOOO Folks!!
Haven't posted in awhile. Glad to hear everyone's doing well again. I'm a little disappointed that i haven't been able to increase my mileage of late - I've had to regroup so as to not injure my knee, which was protesting the running. I've been steadily running at least 2X week, with some other exercise about 1X week. i guess that's ok, but i need to kick it up to make progress. i had a 2 hr walk on saturday and was going to run the distance on sun, but had to bail b/c of potential heatstroke!!! i was really about to lose it - i was so hot - couldn't get rid of the heat. but i got in a 3.4 mi run nonetheless... i probably would have run slower if alone, but i was with my friend jackie, so i pushed myself a little harder. i think that's something i need to be aware of in the future - really listen to myself and go at the pace that will let me keep going!
I got back on it this tuesday - went to the gym after work (first time in the gym in months) and ran the treadmill - 2.0 mi at 15 min/mi pace!!! interestingly - i went to the gym b/c i wanted to weigh myself, but the scale wasn't there -!
i've been tracking everything i eat on sparkpeople - for the last 2.5 weeks - this is a pretty major deal for me. even on the days where i keep going back to the fridge at night. thanks Lisa for introducing me to that site!
i'll be taking it easy this weekend. today i'm getting my right eye LASIKed to retouch from my surgery 3 months ago. i have to be careful about getting sweat in my eye for a few weeks. imagine me running with one one of those big ole 70's sweatbands on my head... DYN-O-MITE! maybe i'll get one in red white and blue!!
keep up the good work gals - and guys.
WE ROCK!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know your had LASIK. That's special!

I'm glad you're using sparkpeople. Even though I haven't used it in like a week. I need to get on that. Thanks for reminding me.

I too haven't gotten my mileage up as much as I want to. Next week is the official start date of the 12-week training, so we've got to step it up. We can do it together!