Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Well I should probably post...

I've been struggling over the last week since I hurt myself - I went to the gym once last week and barely moved on the bike, and that was a lot of effort. My hands healed and the skin on my right knee is better, but my left knee that I wrenched has been giving me problems even walking. So yesterday I went to the gym and walked and today I went to the gym and started walking and I was in pain just on that knee. So me being me, I start to track down what the muscle is that's hurting and I realized that it feels better when my knee is bent and moving, so I started a slow slow run and that was less painful than walking. I ended up increasing my running speed to a normal run and did 2 miles of running, but afterwards I couldn't walk so well. So I worked (massaged) the attachment site for one of my quadriceps muscles (vastus medialis!) and it loosened up quite a bit. Still sore and tight, but I can walk on it again. I think I just tore one of my quads and its gonna take a while to heal. But I don't want to lose my training, so I'm going to continue to move, stretch, ice and massage. But its been pretty frustrating. But you all doing so well with your training is really helping me to remember to STAY ON TRACK!!! Even when I really don't feel like it. Thank you!

OH YEAH - I have been really struggling with the diet thing too - mainly in the arena of alcohol and nighttime eating. So, I realized I gotta lay off of that stuff. The alcohol is completely detrimental to my training and recovery. And I don't even drink that much - but I think I'm so toxic right now that anything puts me over the top, you know? Last night I didn't have a beer at the end of the night and this morning, it was easier to wake up and my joints weren't sore. Other than the obvious injury. I think I'm allergic to that shit... Which kind of sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you wrote this. We can try and detox together while you are down here!

We can support each other while drinking protein shakes!